Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sleepy Day

My day wasn't very eventful. I spent the night locked in Mommy's dad's office. Mommy finally heard my scratching at 5:30AM, but she couldn't figure out what the noise was and I think I got her a bit freaked out because when she went to the top of the stairs and called out to me and Woody, neither of us answered. I mean, I couldn't answer! So I'm going to blame Woody on this one. After about 10 minutes she figured out where I was and came to my rescue. I was so hungry!

Mommy wasn't too happy about being woken up...she had planned on going to bed at 9:30PM and getting up at 6AM...that didn't happen. She had a lot of trouble falling asleep and I think she fell asleep at midnight, or so I heard. I was locked in the office. Then I woke her up at 5:30AM and she was too tired to get up at 6. She ended up falling asleep at 6:30AM, only to have to get up at 7AM.

Why was she up so early? Today was her first day volunteering at the local animal shelter! She worked from 9:30 until 11. I think she had a lot of fun, I mean she wouldn't shut up about it until she told every detail. I spent quite a bit of time sniffing her. Hey, I needed to see what kind of cats she's hanging around. Can't have my human in any danger and we absolutely cannot have her being claimed by another cat. Nope. No way. She's mine. But I think I'll let her tell you about her experience today, she's convinced I'll screw it up some how.

~Mommy: I've been wanting to volunteer since I was way younger. Finally I'm old enough to volunteer and I've been searching for a shelter since New Years. This shelter was not my first choice. I actually didn't know it existed until January. I originally wanted to work at the shelter where I got Cherry, but no one ever got back to me about it. 

So anyway, today was my first day. Since I'm under 18, I'm only allowed to work with the cats and not the dogs. That's fine by me. The cats there need some more love. Most people there care for the dogs. But it was just my luck that all but two cats(not counting their 5 semi-ferals) were moved to another shelter the other day! The two they had were shaved to the skin and had colds, but they were very sweet. One named Ming demanded all the attention. I can't wait to see what the two look like when their fur grows back in.

I liked the semi-feral cats too. I only saw four of them(Sassy and Sammy the black cats, Smudge a brown and white tabby, and a gray one who's name I didn't catch). Either Sassy or Sammy, or both, greeted me when I got there. I can't really tell them apart yet. I guess Sammy is more friendly. I think both of them came up to me though. Smudge was probably my favorite besides Ming and Rusty. She came right up to me while the person who was training me was cleaning a litterbox. The next thing I know, she's crawling up my pant leg wanting to be held and cuddled. It was hard to unstick her from me, but she was so fluffy, I barely cared. 

After cleaning out litter boxes and water bowls, we went out back to clean up an area where the outdoor cats used to be. We had to clean up old straw, blankets, and poop. It was a bit gross, but I expected this wouldn't be clean work. We made good progress though with the supervision of Smudge(who climbed up me again), Sammy, and Sassy. 

It was a pretty good day for me. I'm really looking forward to going back!~

Alright, now back to me. Mommy could talk forever if you let her, so I'll spare you from that. How about some cute pictures of me now?
Ahhh, perfect place for a nap.

Laying on the bed with Mommy
(Please excuse the mess, currently moving everything around)

No comments:

Post a Comment