Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Reason I Oversleep Every Day...

This little devil right here is the reason.
She looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't she? Well you don't live with this little monster. She's pretty small, but when she runs around she sounds like a herd of dinosaurs. Yes, dinosaurs. My parents confuse my footsteps with the cat's. She tears around the house all day and night. 

But that's not why I don't get enough sleep. Now, I do my schoolwork online, so I can get up whenever I want. It really doesn't matter when I get up, but I've been trying to wake up around 7 or 7:30. Lately, I've set my alarm for 7:30, woken up at 7:30, shut the alarm off, and fallen right back asleep for another hour. Why? Because I was way too tired to even stay awake for more than 5 minutes. 

The other day I came home from spending a few days at my Grandma's. Cherry barely paid any attention to me when I first got home. She decided to show how much she missed me at probably 3AM. I had a ton of trouble falling asleep that night and it felt like I was asleep for five minutes when she woke me up. She was walking all over me and flopping onto me. I think I kept falling asleep and waking up when she was doing this. At one point I fell asleep with her curled up next to my face. I then woke up to a kick in the face. Then she woke me up a while later. I think it was around 5AM cause she also woke my mom up. My mom said she was running and jumping and making a ton of noise. Yep, sounds like Cherry. I remember waking up and falling asleep multiple times again as she jumped on me, dashed off, and came back again. I can kind of remember watching the sunrise. I woke up and the sky was pink. Then I'd fall asleep and the next time I woke up, the sky would be a bit lighter. My mom said the sunrise was beautiful that morning. Too bad I barely remember it. 

And last night was the same thing. I woke up with her crawling around my face and she wouldn't go away. It's like an everyday occurrence with her. 

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that little head of hers. Like yesterday, I was sitting out on the deck with Woody. My window in my room was open, so I started calling Cherry cause I knew she likes to sleep right there. She perked right up and started meowing back at me. She even started pressing her face up against the screen to get closer. I went back inside and all I could hear was her bounding down the stairs. She wasn't happy with me. I went outside again and all of a sudden I heard a loud THUD! I turned around and she's got her front paws up on the door(basically a giant window) and she's glaring at me. She continued throwing herself at the door for a little while and then just sat there glaring at me. Please note that she has never been outside where I was. She's escaped through the back door and the cellar, but not the front door. She's just not comfortable being outside except for on our upper deck. 

My mom said she was crying too. But when I came back inside, she ignored me for a while. Typical cat. Who knows what they want?

But you know what? I wouldn't trade her for the world. No matter what she does, she makes me smile. No matter how sad I am. 

I mean, just look at her.


Crawled in there all on her own and was trying to swipe at me from inside. 

Sitting on my piled up comforter.

Sleeping in my bag.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment