Monday, December 8, 2014

Wrapping Presents

If you have a pet, you know how impossible it is to wrap presents with them around. Cherry and Woody are no exception to this. Today, I set out to wrap presents for my cousins' kids. Woody, like always, was glued to my side, but I easily got him out of the way by having him sit off to the side. And within minutes of rolling out the wrapping paper, Cherry was lying on top of it. She was not happy to be moved from that. She spent the rest of the time messing with paper scraps and the ribbons.

So for presents, we got a few Fur Real Friends. I loved them as a kid, so we figured they would like them too. One of them was a kitten that paws at you. I made the mistake of pressing the "Try Me!" button and that set off hours of 'MEOW MEOW PURRR PURRR BRRRROW'. It's bad enough when it's a real cat doing that to you, but this thing would not shut up. Eventually, I found the off switch, but before that Woody spent his time investigating. "What is this thing?" You could almost hear him thinking. Cherry was equally freaked out. It was pretty comical.

For most of the wrapping, the toy was in the box and Woody kept going over and moving the flaps so it would start meowing again. We had to run some errands and when we came back, I let him out of the car and he burst through the front door and straight to the box to turn the toy back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment