Friday, December 5, 2014

A Trip to Petsmart

Woody is really not a friendly dog. He's really nervous around strangers, especially when they're in our house. But recently he has improved a lot. We've had a lot of people in and out of the house for the past few months and I think he's just gotten more used to it (and Cherry has too and has now started to investigate people who come to do work on the house).

So yesterday, I had to run down to the mall to pick up a blanket I ordered from JCPenney (the blanket is awesome, but ordering online from them is a huge pain in the ass). I decided to stop over at Petsmart to get some stuff for Cherry. Woody normally goes with me in the car if I'm running in to a store quickly and it's not hot out. I figured since we were heading to Petsmart an hour after it opened on a week day, I could try bringing Woody in if it wasn't crowded. He did well at the vet's office, so I figured he'd be fine in the store as long as we avoided the majority of the people.

He did amazing in the store. I had him on a short leash and he pulled quite a bit, but I expected that. New place, new smells. He's never been in a store before. He actually behaved way better than I expected though. He really was only interested in sniffing the treat bags and people. He even went up to people on his own and let them pet him. I was so surprised. Of course, I was watching him very carefully and was ready to pull him away if I had to.

I'm so proud of him. I bought him a cute toy for being a good boy. I'll have to get some pictures of him when I get home. We're currently in Maine for the weekend and couldn't bring Woody.

No comments:

Post a Comment