Monday, July 21, 2014

My Two Little Nurses

I had nose surgery on Friday and have been feeling pretty awful. But I've got Woody and Cherry looking after me. Woody has barely left my side all weekend and Cherry has been lurking around and laying with me at night. It's really funny because Woody isn't that cuddly of a dog. Sure, he likes attention from me, but he doesn't really enjoy cuddling. I really never noticed before how much he actually watched me when I was
sick, but over the weekend I realized that he doesn't like to be more than 5 feet away from me at all times. He's following me everywhere and watching me.

On Saturday my mom's hairdresser came to the house(she does home visits for my mom). Woody got up and barked at her until she came inside. Once she was inside I got him back over to me. My mom wanted him put outside, but when someone went to grab him, he wouldn't leave my side. He kept leaning towards
me and refused to move. Usually he'll go without too much fuss. I told my mom that I'd hold on to him and he jumped up beside me and stayed there the whole time. This is a big deal because he HATES lying on people or being that close. He'll sit beside you, but he isn't big on being on top of you.

Later at dinner time, he didn't even get up to eat right away. Normally when my mom heads over to the table, he starts jumping around and begging to be fed. Nope. He just sat beside me until my brother came over to get him his food.

Yesterday he stayed beside me all day and kept me company. Currently he is lying at me feet.

I think he and Cherry have a little agreement. He takes the day shift and she takes the night shift. I've been downstairs all weekend and Woody has been chasing Cherry away from me. She still makes her way over to me, but she's pretty cautious around him. He doesn't hurt her, she just doesn't like being chased. So she's been watching me from the stairs and following me around when I go upstairs. She's also been staying with me while I sleep. At night she'll come downstairs and meow at me until I go up to my room. Once I'm up there she doesn't leave me alone. She follows me and lies on my bed until I've settled in.

There's really nothing better than being taken care of by your pets.


Lying beside me Saturday morning while I was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment